Monday 23 April 2012

Sat 14th April 2012 Everest Base Camp 5300m to Lobuche Base Camp 4820m

All packed up ready for the off. We pack all our climbing gear and sleeping back into a big bag which will be taken down by Yak to Lobuche whilst we set off after lunch. It should be about a 2 and a half walk but as soon as I set off I am feeling rubbish. Weak in the legs, puffing hard on the uphill sections and coughing up green globules...... Not good news!

Finally get to Lobuche Base Camp about 2 hrs 45 mins after leaving Everest Base Camp. I have taken the same coming down almost 500m in  vertical height as I did going up 500m and have felt worse coming down. On top of that my hip is also aching.

I was diagnosed with Bursitis (an inflammation) of the Hip and had a Steroid injection some three weeks before I came out. The injection is supposed to last three months, I am in trouble if it is hurting after two weeks!

It’s quite cold and has started to snow by the time I get in.

Choose a tent, find my big bag and crash out for an hour.

Supper at 6.30pm then head down for an early night. We are climbing tomorrow.

I want to go home. Feeling rubbish.

No comments:

Post a Comment