Sunday 6 May 2012

Weds 2st May 2012 Camp 1 6500m

Groundhog Day.

We repeat the breakfast we did yesterday. We repeat the walk we did yesterday.

I set off a bit later than yesterday and don’t feel so good. I am one of the last up.

The lunch is similar to yesterday. The weather is the same as yesterday.

I almost join the ‘cards club’ but am just to slow to step in.

I am struggling with finding appropriate music on my Ipod, just like yesterday

Supper is similar to yesterday. Spam is involved for the fifth day running.

The wind blows the same as yesterday.

Tonight is my last night with Greg. He slips back into the ‘hole’. He has snored on previous nights but the wind has been louder. Tonight he ups his game dramatically. It’s an Olympic effort.

The falling into me, the wind, his snoring.... I can take my pick of any to ensure I get almost zero sleep. It’s a fantastic all round effort to make me determined, that come what may I will carry my own tent up to the Camp 2 next time to guarantee I don’t have to go through this again.

He is up at 4am to leave Camp at 5am to return to Base Camp. Lucky blighter, at least I have the tent on my own for the last night.

By the way he is a lovely bloke....providing he is sleeping next to SOMEONE ELSE !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment